Sunday 5 June 2011

Chiroprator visits, Adrenal Fatigue, The London Green Festival & everything inbetween

It seems to have been a few days since i last posted. I don't know where the days go but they sure fly by. I finally got to the Physio after 8 months of waiting, Cheers NHS. I only got as far as an assessment no treatment so back next week. I did however get an appointment with a Chiropractor i had the initial assessment followed by treatment the next day. The relief for me is i am now on the road to recovery but it seems this could be a long and windy road as it appears some long standing issues with my back and Adrenal Fatigue. I know this from past visits to Physios and Osteopath's and a healer but i have never been to a Chiro before.They work with the whole nervous system and are very holistic in their approach. I borrowed a book from my Chiro on Adrenal Fatigue - Adrenal Fatigue the 21st Century Stress Syndrome. I found it very interesting so much so i ordered a copy of the book from Amazon. I found the diet particularly interesting as it deals with many issues for me. hypoglycemia, intolerance's & food hangover (always wondered why i can wake feeling hungover when i haven't touched alcohol)
So i have started on a course of vit C, Cal/Mag, Liquorice & Ginger and a Iron tonic. It was very interesting to read that i may need extra sodium in my diet something which i have always avoided as i don't really like the taste. As most people with AF you tend to have low blood pressure which means you can add salt/sodium into your diet without causing harm. See http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/ for further info especially if you suffer from ME/CFS IBS and other auto immune deficiencies.

Yesterday me & the girls went to Regents Park and The London Green Festival. What a beautiful day and a lovely festival. Challenging when you have 2 girls to look after both wanting/needing different things and have to contend with the heat (not complaining about the weather though. We saw some great tents and would have loved to have spent longer in SE London Waldorf School tent. Erin made a smoothie by peddle power, her peddling generated the power to make the blender work, she got the smoothie for free. Both girls had their feces painted and Erin had a Henna tattoo, something she is hoping will not come off ever.
My next question for you out there whether you are seasoned child rearers or just starting out and able to share info and tips, tell me: how do effectively AP 2 children. Different ages, different needs. Or do you all just muddle along like i seem to be doing? It was fine and almost easy with just one now its a whole other kettle of fish. Feel free to answer on here or via my email unschoolinghub@aol.com

Today we are off to our local funfair, not sure how much fun it will be or if indeed it is fair in the price but hey the girls, well Erin mainly are desperate to go. hopefully i will post pics later along with the 3 pics from the festival. Why only 3, that's because i have a stupid Blackberry mobile that *insert expletives* up all the time and it wouldn't play ball yesterday. Lets hope today it does better.

No comments:

Post a Comment