Tuesday 16 August 2011

Erin's building a business

I'm like most He-ers/parents, i worry whether or not my daughter/s will get a well rounded education. one that starts with the basics reading and maths. maths you see is not my strong point....at all.
However i have started a business & sold it (or components of it) i have started another business. Whether or not this new on will be a success i don't know, its largely down to me.
Erin expressed an interest in starting her own business she loves the idea of earning her own money. It seems it doesn't matter what the business is as long as she makes money from it.
So i thought i would use this as a learning opportunity, a maths lesson, a life lesson. After all Branson & Sugar started somewhere.
So i have been busy devising a business template for her to follow. Starting with an idea, working out costs, labour, tax and profit and cover fixed costs & percentages and finally profit.
I'm hoping it will make math simpler for her and me. I'm trying to make it fun but also get that understanding of it all in there as early as possible.
That way she can build her empire early and i can continue in the style I'm accustomed to ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment